Monday, 20 June 2016

QUICK VEGETARIAN LUNCH




So, this is basically what I have for lunch/light dinner when I don't have the time or energy to stand in the kitchen for too long. This dish takes about 10-15 minutes to do and is super easy to do. I often vary my ingredients (at the moment quorn is my favourite protein to add) but the concept is all the same so I thought I would share this one with you.



All you need to create this easy yet delicious dish is:

- Quorn (or another protein of your choice)
- Creme fraiche
- Veggies (use whatever is in your fridge)
- Spices (I used italian herbs, salt, peppar, garlic and paprika to add colour)
- Rice (or pasta)

Start of by boiling your rice since this takes a while. Slice up your fillets into smaller pieces and put on a pan with heated oil. Fry the quorn with your spices. Add your veggies and let them become a bit softer. Add your creme fraiche and mix it all together into a smooth, creamy mixture. Add more of your spices if you feel like it tastes bland. Let it heat up throughly and leave it for a minute or two. By now your rice should be ready so put it all into a bowl and enjoy!

Also, if any of you have any vegetarian/vegan recipes to share - shoot! 

6 comments: